As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Please note that you are never charged any extra for that.
A dry brush is exactly what it sounds like- it is a dry brush that you use on your skin for various reasons. Apparently, a dry brush is quite famous for being used on bodies. Apparently, the skin on your body is rougher and harder than that of your face. So, you need a rough dry brush to clean it better.
But, can you dry brush your face? Apparently, yes you can and it is quite useful as well. However, isn’t your face more sensitive than your body? Won’t something sound so rough as dry brush harm it? If you use the same brush you use n your body on your face as well- of course, it will harm your face.
Yes, your face is more sensitive than your body and that is why you have to use a brush that is specifically built for your face. If you keep all these things in your consideration, a dry brush will make your face glow. People will start asking you what you d to your face.
However, you have to keep your skin type into consideration as well. Apparently, everything together will determine how you should dry brush your face and how often. Now, let’s check out the things you have to keep in mind.
Table of Contents
Dry brushing for face
While it does not matter that much what the dry brushes for bodies are made from- it matters a lot in case of face dry brushes. In fact, you should avoid synthetic and rough bristles. Apparently, the bristles for face dry brushing should be ultra-fine and soft. They should feel soft when you place it and rub it on your face skin.
You have rougher options which is ionic copper fiber but it is best to stick to something natural and soft. While the body dry brushes give you the feeling of an intense cleanse- the face dry brushes make you feel like you are giving your face a massage. And, that is where all the difference between the two brushes lie.
Furthermore, make sure you have a long handle with the brush so that you do not hurt your face when doing your job.
Dry Brushing your face: The benefits
Why should you dry brush your face instead of exfoliating? Here are a few reasons:
- It helps the lymphatic system: The Lymphatic system plays a huge role in detoxifying your body and face. Apparently, the dry brush is something that helps the lymphatic system detoxify itself. With its coordinated and directed movements, it helps circulation within the lymphatic glands.
- It helps blood circulation in your face: The way you move your dry brush around your face is nothing but a massage for the face itself. As a result, the circulation around your face will improve and leave your face with a glow.
- Does away with dead skin cells: Dry brushing helps you exfoliate to some extent with its swift movements. Apparently, it rejuvenates the skin of your face.
- Goes easier on your face than exfoliation: Exfoliating your face can be a rough job. Dry brushing helps you to be soft on your skin with its soft bristles and massage-like movement.
- Relaxation and Stress Relief: Facial brushing can be a soothing and relaxing self-care ritual. The gentle strokes and stimulation can promote relaxation, relieve tension, and provide a calming effect.
- Product Penetration: By exfoliating the skin’s surface, facial brushing can help enhance the penetration and absorption of skincare products, allowing them to work more effectively.
- Exfoliation: Facial brushing can help gently exfoliate the skin, removing dead skin cells and promoting a smoother, brighter complexion. This exfoliation can improve the absorption and effectiveness of other skincare products.
How often should you dry brush?
While dry brushing is helpful and less rough than exfoliation- you cannot overdo it. Apparently, based on your skin type you can do it two to four times a week. If you have dry and sensitive skin, twice a week will do just fine. On the other hand, if you have oily skin, three to four times a week will be adequate.
How should you dry brush your face- The Procedure
Here are a few steps that you can follow to dry brush your face. When proper steps are implemented, a better result comes easily.
Wash your face well.
You do not want to clog your pores with existing dirt and makeup on your skin. Therefore, remove any makeup that may be left on your skin and wash your face well off dust and dirt. It is necessary to have a clean slate (face) when you are about to conduct the art of dry brushing.
Start from your shoulders.
When you are dry brushing, it is necessary to follow a certain direction of movement. Since the focus is on detoxifying and the lymph glands, your neck should get some attention. Start by brushing from your shoulder to the middle of the neck area. Keep doing it for a while to make the lymph fluid enter the bloodstream.
Move to your neck and chin.
Now, move the brush upwards from your neck towards the chin- od it multiple times to improve the flow of all kinds of fluids.
Inverted “U” on the chin.
Your chin will require better flow too so inverted U’s on it will improve the flow within.
Circular motion on the cheeks.
As your cheeks are round, you have to use circular motions upwards and outwards on it. This will leave them looking plumper.
Circular and upward motion on the nose.
The tips of your nose should enjoy a circular massage for a while. Then, move upwards towards the brow to improve flow.
Around your eyes.
Are dark circles bothering you? Circle around your eyes with the brush for a while to improve flow.
Middle to outwards on the forehead.
This is your final destination with the brush. Start from the middle and move outward on both sides, each at a time.
In this way, your whole face gets the required amount of flow it needs.
Finally, you can hydrate your face using a cream or moisturizer. You can even use a mask.
Bonus Tip and Trick-Cleanliness
Make sure that your brushes are clean, germ-free and hygienic to get the best service from dry brushing. Only the glowing face is not sustainable for a long time unless it is taken care with the healthy and safe brushes. Find the best makeup brush cleansers and kits here and automatic makeup brush cleaner machines here.
There is no end to the variety of products available for skin care. But, most of them contain chemicals. Chemicals can be harmful and may have side effects.
Therefore, why not resort to something as simple as massaging with a brush to make your skin glow? Dry brushing does that for you and in the most harmless way! Only if you do it right that is the perfect decision you make.