As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Please note that you are never charged any extra for that.
It’s not only your hair that needs to be brushed routinely, even your hairbrush needs that care as well. Cleanliness is a package and it must be with all the elements, for hair the main element is definitely your hairbrush.
Come on, you don’t want your hairbrush to stay dirty while tangling all the loose hair around its bristles since it will make the situation worse. And when your hairbrush is round, oh well, you have no idea how much care will it need.
So, to get rid of such a mess, you need to know nothing but hairbrush cleaning techniques. Once you learn how to clean a round hairbrush, all of your worries will run away.
Step 1: Erase the hair
Before you actually jump into cleaning your round hairbrush, there is one thing you must do. And that is to remove the packed hair from the brush. This will make the cleaning a lot easier.
There are a lot of ways through which you can do the job. We have mentioned some below:
- Manually pull the hair out with your fingers.
This may sound very monotonous. But if you think the amount of hair is very less, you can remove the hair with your fingers easily.
- Remove the hair with a needle or toothpick.
If that doesn’t work, then you can take the hair out using a needle or toothpick. But if you think there is a lot of hair there, then it will be better to either go with a comb or a scissor.
- Use a rat-tail comb to lift it.
If the brush has a bit more amount of hair wrapped around. You can slide the end of the rat-tail comb between the hair and the bristles. Then, push the comb with all the hair. After that, lift it upward to have the hair removed.
- Or, use scissors to snip the hair.
Snipping the hair makes it very easy to remove the hair out of the brush. With scissors, cut the hair on all the sides of the brush. If bristles of your hairbrush are placed close together, then snip the hair with a pair of nail scissors. Make sure that you don’t end up cutting the bristles.
These are 4 options that you can try out. However, after taking the clumps of hair out of the brush, follow the next step.
Step 2: Clean the hairbrush
If it’s non-wooden:
Now you have to gather a lot of things to clean your round hairbrush. Here is the list of the things below that you will be needing:
- Warm Water
- Baking soda
- Measuring spoon
- Get a medium-sized bowl and add 240 mL of water, 6 grams of baking soda and 4.9 mL of shampoo to it. Mix all the ingredients properly. You can use a fragrant shampoo if you want your brush to smell fresh.
- Take a toothbrush and apply the mixture to it. Then with the mixture filled toothbrush, scrub the base and the bristles of your hairbrush. Make sure you brush all the sides and surfaces of the hairbrush. Repeat the process until the handle, bristles and the base get completely cleaned.
If it’s wooden
If your round hairbrush is wooden, then some of the ingredients will be different. Here is the list below:
- Warm Water
- Tea tree essential oil
- Measuring spoon
- Like the previous step, grab a medium-sized bowl and mix 5-drop tea tree essential oil with 120 mL warm water properly. Since wooden hairbrush uses limited water, this is a very great method to go for.
- Then, take the toothbrush and apply the mixture to it. Use the toothbrush to scrub it all over the base and bristles of the hairbrush. If you find any drips of water tricking down to the base of barrel then have them shook off well. Because if you let the water get into the base, it can damage the hairbrush badly. Make sure, you scrub the handle as well. Clean the bristles on all sides of the hairbrush.
Step 3: Rinse the hairbrush
Then, rinse the hairbrush in cold water. You can put it beneath the tap or you can dip it into water bowl. This will help rinse the mixture off properly.
After that, shake the hairbrush to eliminate excess water. Make sure you don’t soak the hairbrush in water. This will legit damage the item.
Step 4: Dry the hairbrush
Now, place your hairbrush on a clean towel and let it dry well. Give it at least 2 hours to dry completely. If you think it requires more time to dry then give more time.
Make sure you don’t leave the item outside since it will catch dust. Also, it is advised not to use the hairbrush in wet condition, this will make your lovely brush a dirty one quickly.
If it’s a wooden one, then wrap the brush with a micro-fiber cloth for better results.
How often you should take care of a round hairbrush?
We would suggest you to eliminate clumps of hair from the hairbrush regularly. If you don’t have much time, then 3 to 4 times a week will do as well. However, if you are someone who uses a hairbrush more than often or someone who shares with different people, then it will be better to use a sanitizing spray.
You can DIY such spray by mixing one part barbicide and one part water in a spray bottle. Use the spray after each use. Then again, if you use the hairbrush just at home, then you can use it 2 times a week.
A round hairbrush is a great tool to detangle your tangles hair. It’s also great to dry your hair as well. However, such a hairbrush does not only get dirt easily but also collect a lot of your loose hair. That’s the reason why cleaning it becomes so much necessary. I hope this write has helped you know regarding the steps to clean the stuff properly. Because a healthy hairbrush can make your hair stay healthy.