Makeup brushes (blenders, sponges too) are just the must have items in any girls’ possession. They are nothing but the extensions of your fingers that perfectly facilitate the makeup missions. Both personally or professionally used, they are considered to be the most important kits . They beautify you very closely and the sensitive parts of the body are in touch with them always in many ways. Cleaning them is not less important than cleaning/bathing ourselves. And for this , it is also very significant to know properly how to clean/wash makeup brushes at home, in particular.
The reality is pretty surprising! Most of us would be the happiest if these makeup backbones and friends are never required to clean/wash. Whether you love or not, your makeup brushes need cleaning regularly for the healthy and perfect skin, eyes and hair. You are going to explore all about the deep cleaning of makeup brushes, sponges and blenders in perfect way. The various options, step-by-step processes are a great outline and guideline you are looking for. So let’s start with what people surf on the earth regarding this.
The most common searches/questions on makeup brush cleaning mainly with home stuffs/products
- Why to clean makeup brushes?
- How to clean makeup brushes?
- How often to clean makeup brushes?
- When to replace makeup brushes/sponges?
- How to clean/wash makeup brushes at home?
- The best way to clean makeup brushes at home.
- How do you clean makeup brushes at home?
- Easy way to clean makeup brushes at home
- How to clean your/my makeup brush at home?
- How to clean makeup brushes and sponges at home?
- The easiest way to clean your makeup brushes at home
- How to clean makeup brushes at home naturally/manually/automatically?
- How to clean makeup brushes at home with vinegar?
- How to clean makeup brushes at home without brush cleaner?
- How to clean makeup brushes home remedies?
- How w to clean makeup brushes with home products?
- How to clean mac makeup brushes at home?
- How can you clean makeup brushes at home?
- How to clean dirty makeup brushes at home?
- How to maintain makeup brushes?
- How to prolong the life span of makeup brushes?
We have found the queries/questions people on the web look for. Now it is time to know the answers to those queries. we will discuss all possible solutions on the makeup brush cleaning with special focus on cleaning/washing them with home products/stuffs/supplies.
Why to clean/Wash makeup brushes?
The most beautiful part that you try to expose i.e. Face, hair etc. are taken care by these items on daily basis. Have you ever thought about the healthy aspects and the damage you may suffer from if these items are with dirt, germ, bacteria and residuals? They even can not perfectly serve the duties of making you looking the great you really are. Unclean brushes with germs and residuals not only cause harms to your loving skin and hair but also fails to give you the finishing you desire and deserve. They may even be the source of wastage of your makeup related stuffs, You must have tried to keep them beautiful and healthy but hardly succeed as when you think of cleaning them, you get busy or perplexed what to use, how to use, how often to use etc. etc.
Benefits of cleaning brushes are:-
- Free from Acne
- Longer life of Brushes
- Soft Bristles
- Beautiful Brushes
- Free from Germ and Bacteria
- Smooth makeup application
- Free from Irritation and Infection
- Free from Clogged Pores
- Free from Blemishes
- Free from Dirt, Debris
- Free from Oil
- Free from Residuals and Dead Skin Cells
How to Clean/Wash Makeup Brushes/Sponges at Home?
Now, this is the main episode getting started to make you informed of all the measures you can take to clean/wash your makeup brushes and sponges to get the best performance with lowest expenses possible at home.
With the following steps, you are going to master the art of cleaning your hair brushes with vinegar.
STEP 1: TAKE THE HAIR OUT OF THE BRUSH
STEP 2: CLEAN WITH VINEGAR OR APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
STEP 3: RINSE THOROUGHLY
STEP 4: DRY THE BRUSH
All you need for this include:-
Dandruff has never been a thing that anyone desires. Still, it grows and the growth is mainly in our scalp that transfers to the combs we use. The steps described can be a great weapon to clean a comb filled with dandruff:-
STEP 1: PULL ALL THE HAIR OUT OF THE COMB
STEP 2: CLEANUP THE COMB
STEP 3: RINSE THE COMB
STEP 4: DRY THE COMB
Follow the following steps if you like to use baking soda in cleaning the makeup brushes:-
STEP 1: GET RID OF ALL THE HAIR
STEP 2: DAMP THE HAIRBRUSH
STEP 3: DRENCH THE BRUSH WITH THE BAKING SODA
STEP 4: USE ANY OLD BRUSH TO CLEAN DEEPLY
STEP 5: WIPE WITH A TISSUE PAPER OR TOWEL
STEP 6: REPEAT THE PROCESS
The following simple 4 steps will help you to get lint out of a hair brush:-
Step-1:- Clean loose hair and clingy lint from bristles
Step-2:- Wash the brush in warm water
Step-3:- Apply shampoo/vinegar and warm water
Step-4:- Dry in air or with hairdryer
The 5 steps below will help you get the dust out of hairbrushes. So, follow them and allow no dust in the hair bush.
- REMOVE HAIR
- APPLY SOAP/CLEANSERS
- RINSE IT THOROUGHLY
- CLEAN THE HANDLE
- DRY IT THOROUGHLY
You may need some of the following items:-
- Wide-tooth/tail comb, hair pick, scissors, bowl, warm water, castile soap/cleansers, damp cloth, towel, hair dryer etc.
Step 1: Erase the hair
- Manually pull the hair out with your finger or
- Remove the hair with a needle or toothpick or
- Use a rat-tail comb to lift it or
- use scissors to snip the hair
Step 2: Clean the hairbrush
Apply the materials and steps based on the brush whether wooden or non-wooden here.
You may need some of the following items:-
Rat-tail comb, scissors, bowl, warm water, cleanser, baking soda, toothbrush, tea tree essential oil etc.
It may seem strange or new but in the real world lots of beauty aspirants are microwaving their makeup sponges and beauty blenders to clean and disinfect the germs grown in it, drive the bad smell, drive acne breakout. The following steps are making you know this easy to apply tricks with step by step guide:-
- GATHER ALL THE MAKEUP SPONGES
- PUT IT IN A BOWL AND COVER IT
- MICROWAVE AROUND A MINUTE
- TAKE THE SPONGE OUT, COOL DOWN
- SQUEEZE AND RINSE
- DRY IT UP
You may need some of the following items:-
Microwave, microwave-safe bowl, baby shampoo/organic soap, clean water etc.
This article is mainly manual focused but to ease the work and keep the options open, the automatic/electric machine based trips are incorporated too. If you love to stay away of the hassles of cleaning manually with home stuffs, it is to safeguard you. Actually, in present era of automation and digitization, you may prefer the automatic tools to ease your beauty tasks too.
Find the automatic brush cleaner from Luxe (How and Why you need it)
You will need the following two items:-
Find the magic of Lilumia 2 automatic makeup brush cleaner device.
How often to clean makeup brushes?
Cleaning makeup brushes and sponges is a regular task but it is one of the most boring ones ever. For healthy and perfect skin, eye and hair, there must be a minimum routine for washing them. So, let’s have a look on how often to clean them.
Every usage cleaning
In case you are suffering from acute allergies or infections, try to clean them after every application.
If you are professional, please be sure to clean your brushes after every client to avoid the spreading of problems, if any, from one client to the next.
Most used brushes like foundation and concealer to be cleaned weekly
Brushes with less usage may be cleaned twice a month
Cleaning after every use, weekly, bi-monthly is not enough. It is very important to deep clean or wash brushes once a month for the best service and look.
When to replace makeup brushes/sponges?
Makeup brushes and sponges are not to be used for life long, they should be replaced after some signs are visible. You may use them over a longer period but the smooth application, the look they should have, the time-lapsed etc. be considered and you should be brave to say them goodbye. Not the attachment to some kits or money you need in replacement, the factors to be considered for replacement is the capacity they have and the health of your skin. However, proper cleaning and maintenance can prolong the life span of the tools.
- Makeup brushes can usually serve well from 1 to 5 years based on the quality of product as well as the maintenance you provide.
- Makeup sponges generally need to replace every three months but may be used for more based on the situations they are.
Signs for replacing the makeup brushes and sponges
There is no hard and fast rule for replacing makeup brushes and sponges/blenders as the quality, usage and maintenance vary to the greatest extent. However, you need not worry about this . Here are the signs that signal that your brushes and sponges are to be replaced. Just keep your eyes open and replace then as and when required.
- Bristles have been dry and hard
- The brushes have lost the shape
- Frequent shedding of bristles
- Application is taking more time
- Application is not smooth
- You are having blemishes and infections frequently
- The bristles have lost the original color
- Producing bad smells
- Sponges are breaking/cracking
- Beauty blenders have been for 3 months
Maintenance of Makeup brushes/sponges
Proper maintenance may be great issue for keeping the brush quality and service in tact with the extended life. Makeup brushes and sponges may be properly maintained by the following steps:-
- Regular Cleaning/Wash
- Cleaning with quality cleansers
- Proper Storage
- Gentle usage
- Using quality brushes/sponges
Cleaning makeup brushes at home is made easy with all related issues covered. It is noteworthy that cleaning/washing mainly depends on the conditions rather than duration(duration can not be totally ignored too). As our face and body need washing, so the brushes too for the perfection in beautification. Cleanliness provides both perfect looks and healthy beauty with sustainable glow. Keeping brushes clean and tidy will add some extra miles to the journey of your beauty with confidence. Happy Makeup.