Even if you’re a novice at makeup, you’ll more than be aware of the importance of having a good toolkit at your disposal, namely your brush set. You will use other stuff in this time period, of course, but having a good set of brushes is essential if you want to take your makeover game up to a high level and to make sure that you are getting quality products, it’s better to stick to household brands. One such brand, of course, is Morphe.
Morphe is a household name in the cosmetics industry and as such, make a boatload of brush products and brush sets to complement their cosmetics. As a result, you’d be hard-pressed to find a better brand of brush sets from any manufacturer out there, particularly if you’re a fan of their makeup products. As such, I’ve gone through the trouble of looking at a bunch of brush sets from Morphe and yes, I should preface this by saying that they have all kinds of different brushes so they will vary in coverage and purpose but you can definitely get an idea of whether it will be good value for money.
Top 10 Best Morphe Makeup Brush Sets
- 1. MORPHE EYE SLAY 6-PIECE BRUSH COLLECTION
- 2. MORPHE SET 702- 12 PIECE EYE-CREDIBLE SET
- 3. MORPHE COMPLEXION CREW 5-PIECE BRUSH COLLECTION
- 4. MORPHE X JACLYN HILL THE EYE MASTER COLLECTION
- 5. MORPHE ROSÉ 7-PIECE BRUSH SET
- 6. MORPHE BLACK AND WHITE 12-PIECE TRAVEL SET
- 7. MORPHE SET 686 – 18 PIECE VEGAN BRUSH SET
- 8. MORPHE THE JAMES CHARLES BRUSH SET
- 9. MORPHE SET 700 – 8 PIECE CANDY APPLE RED SET
- 10. MORPHE THE BLING FLING 8-PIECE BRUSH COLLECTION
Now it is time to dig down all the 10 brush sets in real details to know all the available pieces of information. Please note that sometimes, any data presented here may vary slightly due to the time gap and the manufacturers’ changes in production or marketing policies. Be sure to exercise due diligence before any final purchase decision.
- MORPHE EYE SLAY 6-PIECE BRUSH COLLECTION
This kit of 6 pieces from Morphe is a decent grade of eye makeup brushes and as the name suggests, should let you ‘slay’ by getting in a top grade eye makeup that is going to leave everyone mesmerized.
It isn’t particularly expensive due to the fact that most eye makeup brushes are not that big and therefore, cost less to make but the bristles are still top notch and the design is excellent and should give you tons of precision and quality application to get your shadow and liner game on point.
Furthermore, a case is provided so that customers can keep their brush set together and it has quite a sturdy and durable build so no issues there I imagine!
The 6 brushes included in the set are:
- Bent liner brush
- Pencil Crease Brush
- Flat Concealer Brush
- Oval Shadow brush
- Deluxe Blender brush
- Crease Fluff Brush
- For an eye kit, this is definitely going to let you conjure some magic for your eyes! Six different brushes, all to do different parts of your eye will let you get really precise with the details.
- Uses a mix of synthetic and natural bristles, each when it is more suitable.
- Six brushes is a bit overkill, especially considering that you could have had other brushes within the price range too.
- These brushes are more for advanced users and will definitely be too much for novices to handle. Better get good at makeup before getting one of these sets!
- MORPHE SET 702- 12 PIECE EYE-CREDIBLE SET
Another eye makeup brush set, this one goes a step beyond with 12 different brush pieces and yes, they are all more or less unique, believe it or not!
Coming it a slightly higher price than the previous one, it has twice as many brushes and although that might seem like very good value for money, I doubt you’ll ever need that many brushes of the same type!
But if you are serious about doing really high level makeup, this should have your eye makeup game covered. Again, it uses half synthetic and half natural hair bristles and has you covered from your liners to your lashes and up to dark circles under your eyes.
The brushes in this set are:
- Concealer Brush (Synthetic) 7. Pointed Blender Brush
- Flat Liner Brush (Synthetic) 8. Large Shadow Fluff Brush
- Angled Brow/Spoolie Brush (Synthetic) 9. Blender Brush
- Pointed Crease Brush (Synthetic) 10. Firm Blending Fluff Brush
- Detail Crease Brush (Synthetic) 11. Small Chisel Fluff
- Detail Liner Brush (Synthetic) 12. Smudge Brush
- This is going to be one of those go to brush kits if you want to do your eye makeup at a really high level. Like really, really high. I can only hope you make good use of all 12 brushes!
- Comes along with a premium, leather cover where you can safely stow away all your brushes.
- Only for professional use, really. No normal person will ever need 12 brushes! I mean, if you want to go pro, maybe you could get it but otherwise, it’s a no-no!
- Some users may not like using natural bristles out of concern for the safety of animals. It’s a legitimate concern nowadays so this is a consideration that needs to be made.
- MORPHE COMPLEXION CREW 5-PIECE BRUSH COLLECTION
This brush set from Morphe takes a step back from the eye brush set’s approach in the previous one and settles for a 5 brush set that is going to get your basic look up and running, using only these 5. There’s a big brush in there but for the most part, it’s fairly limited in size and quite portable.
Coming in at a decent Glitzy bag, it is going to let you blend, contour, apply blush and diffuse foundation properly over your face, setting you up for quite a comprehensive look with the brushes listed later on.
All the bristles are made of synthetic too and while they may not be as effective as natural bristles in application, they are most definitely free of animal cruelty and that’s a pretty significant thing to consider too, in my opinion.
- It’s a few brushes to get most of your facial makeup done so it’s quite an efficient and well-rounded brush set.
- It has decent portability and the bag it comes in looks quite pleasant to the eye and is sturdy enough.
- This is probably better suited to a travel kit or for people who are just getting started. Anything more and you might have difficulties in getting everything done. Lack of detail brushes is a bit of an issue.
- MORPHE X JACLYN HILL THE EYE MASTER COLLECTION
Coming in at eight pieces, in collaboration with famous makeup artist Jacklyn Hill, this is a very premium set of eye makeup brushes and as you might be able to figure out by now, it’s going to cut the grade even in terms of doing eye makeup for professional use. Pretty sure celebrities have had their eyes done using this set somewhere!
It provides mostly natural bristles on the brushes for good performance and although that might be a problem for certain people, when you’re trying to get elite level performance out of a brush set, this is to be expected.
It comes in a small master bag which is built well and looks gorgeous in its silver finish. You can pretty much carry it like your regular bag, it’s so easy on the eye!
The brushes are:
- Beast Mode Blender Brush 5. Precise Blender Brush
- Transition Blender Brush 6. All Over Lid Brush
- Universal Blender Brush 7. Brow Bone Highlight Brush
- Inner Corner Highlight Brush 8. Eyeliner Smudge Brush
- As premium as it gets, this brush set is going to be the best eye makeup brush set you can get. It has everything covered more or less but uses top of the line brush and a good number of detail brushes. Simply put, it’s one of the best out there! Need more?!
- Not for beginners and definitely not something you’ll need if you don’t know how to put on all the details using all the blending brushes. Use case scenario for a good number of these brushes will be quite limited.
- MORPHE ROSÉ 7-PIECE BRUSH SET
Another all-rounded brush set, this one has seven brushes but with a few different types here and there so while it remains quite a comprehensive brush set, and it is going to let you pull off makeovers that are quite a bit different from the previous all-rounder, despite both being of the same type.
This has coverage for blush, powder, foundation and even the crease of your eyes. The inclusion of some contour lets you add that extra bit to your look at the end.
One aspect of this set is that it leans more towards the use of natural bristles on the brushes so you should get quite effective application on most of them. This is especially true for the more precision brushes.
The brushes included in this set are:
- Tapered Powder Brush 5. Chisel Angel Brush
- Angle Blush Brush 6. Pointed Crease Brush
- Flat Foundation Brush 7. Small Shadow Brush
- Oval Fluff Brush
- This is a well-rounded brush set and it centers more on foundation and overall face more than details. In this regard, it is a bit more versatile than other similar sets.
- The use of predominantly natural bristles should lead to very good usage experience and it should be pleasant to the skin as well.
- It suffers in detail department and sure, you can’t expect details from brush sets like this but it’s something you have to think about.
- Given that it leans more towards natural bristles, animal safety may be an issue of concern here.
- MORPHE BLACK AND WHITE 12-PIECE TRAVEL SET
Now comes in the really elaborate brush sets! This 12 piece kit is going to have brushes for most things, covering eye makeup, contouring, blush, foundation, you name it! If you need one brush set to do everything for you and do not want to tinker with multiple brush sets, then this is right up your territory.
It uses a mix of synthetic and natural bristles and because they haven’t singled out what bristles are used in individual brushes, I assume that a mix is used in pretty much all of the brush sets. Best of both worlds kind of thing I guess!
The brushes are accompanied by a sizable brush cover case with 7 inch height and considerable diameter. Aesthetics of this case are quite nice and fit the black and white color theme really well too.
- Powder Brush 7. Chubby Shadow Brush
- Blush Brush 8. Blender Fluff
- Flat Foundation Brush 9. Concealer Brush
- Angled Shadow Brush 10. Detail Shadow Fluff
- Flat Shadow Fluff Brush 11. Lip Brush
- Blender Brush 12. Angle Liner Brush
- This one brush set should meet all your makeover needs, something that most other brush sets on this list won’t and that too, with a quality offering. This is going to easily beat out budget options in terms of durability and quality of application.
- For a travel set, it is quite a big case to carry around. I hope you have space in your suitcase!
- It’s not quite as precise as a lot of people will want, especially the eye makeup brushes. You might want to carry a few of those separately.
- MORPHE SET 686 – 18 PIECE VEGAN BRUSH SET
A very unique contender on this list, this set includes brushes of a very specific type that are good for diffusing liquid and cream products on your face. Also, as the name might suggest, a full vegan set implies that nothing about these brush sets required animals and therefore, you can be confident that this is an excellent choice towards animal safety.
The brushes are mostly on the smaller size and interestingly, it’s almost entirely composed of flat brushes and precision brushes, quite an interesting mix! I imagine that with this set, you’ll get to do a lot with your eye makeup but your options may be limited in terms of others. It does have a few extras such as lip brush but otherwise, your options in terms of contouring and blending are a bit limited.
- Pointed Liner Brush 10. Oval Shadow Brush
- Lip Brush 11. Deluxe shadow Brush
- Smudger Brush 12. Angled Blender Brush
- Angle Liner Brush 13. Pointed Foundation Brush
- Flat Liner Brush 14. Contour Brush
- Mini Concealer 15. Bronzer Brush
- Small Shadow Brush 16. Angle Blush Brush
- Concealer Brush 17. Powder Brush
- Deluxe Blending Crease Brush 18. Deluxe Fan Brush
- A very comprehensive coverage of brush types and despite drawbacks in certain areas, it is still more than capable of delivering a thorough makeover in all areas that you will need it to deliver.
- The plethora of eye makeup brushes and other, more detailed ones should come in very handy.
- Lack of brushes for powder application is a bit of a bummer. Only the one. I guess that is workable though.
- It will come at quite the premium. You’ll not be spending this much on brush sets too often, I imagine!
- MORPHE THE JAMES CHARLES BRUSH SET
Well, this is as overkill as a brush set is going to get. No really, this is it. The brush set to rule them all. It comes in a gigantic cylindrical cover to accommodate for all the brushes in this set. It has a whopping 34 different brush pieces and being made in collaboration with James Charles, you can be sure that it delivers a lot of quality alongside all the different brushes on this list.
The list of 34 brushes pretty much covers everything you might need and everything you might even think about ever needing really! Whether that is a beauty sponge for blending, highlighter brush, nose contour brush or the Camouflage brush for concealer, just name your game and I am sure there is something on this list of expansive brushes that will cover it.
- Well, where do we begin?! It covers everything, the bristles and brush handles are of really high quality, the cover is of really good quality, it’s pretty much a makeup junkie’s dream product! With just this purchase, you are going to have access to any brush you’ll ever need. If that isn’t enough for you, I don’t know what is!
- I don’t really think there is anything bad to say about this particular set, if I am being honest! If anything, the steep price premium that you have to pay for it could be a downside but when you consider what you’re getting in this set, the steep price is pretty much a given!
- MORPHE SET 700 – 8 PIECE CANDY APPLE RED SET
A product set that comes in at a cheaper price, it will be encouraging to many a makeup fanatic that Morphe has all of their customers in mind and have something in the budget range for people who do not want to spend big bucks.
It has a few brushes and as such, it divides its resources into allocating a few of them for eye makeup and the others for the rest of the face. It’s nothing too comprehensive but for a starter kit that is better than generic brands, it should more than suffice.
The brush holder is red themed and is similar to a purse that you can carry around in a pocket so not only does it act as a storage for your brushes, it also makes for quite a fine fashion accessory! A lot of users opted for this product specifically for the holder, believe it or not!
The brushes are:
- Tapered Powder Brush 5. Chisel Fluff Brush
- Tapered Blush Brush 6. Pointed Crease Brush
- Flat Foundation Brush 7. Angle Liner Brush
- Oval Fluff Brush 8. Bent Liner Brush
- It is a very good option as a starter kit for beginners or for people who want to have a simple set to carry around on the travels.
- The bristles are mostly natural so they should be alright in performance. Better than all synthetic that you find in most cheap sets.
- This probably isn’t enough for anyone that isn’t an amateur. You’ll want a bit more, even when you’re out traveling.
- You’ll struggle to get your hands on one of these because they get ordered out of stock ever so often!
- MORPHE THE BLING FLING 8-PIECE BRUSH COLLECTION
The last set on this list is quite a fancy one! Coming in at eight pieces, it is black themed with glitter on the handle and the carrying pouch. Morphe sure like to make their brushes into fashion accessories and with a brush set that does justice to the holder, you’ll be slaying both your makeup and accessory game with this one!
The setup is separated into four eye brushes and four face brushes. It falls into a starter kit category or a travel set because of this but the quality of the brushes and aesthetics are definitely much better than what you should expect from a starter kit though!
The brushes on this set are:
- Angle Liner/Spoolie Brush 5. Blending Crease Brush
- Bullet Crease Brush 6. Tapered Powder Brush
- Deluxe Crease Brush 7. Large Pointed Powder Brush
- Oval Shadow Brush8. Angled Contour Brush
- Nothing makes quite as great a fashion statement as a stunning accessory and this is definitely the kind that will! You’re going to get a lot of compliments because of the bag, along with whatever you get because of a solid makeover game!
- It has a good number of eye makeup brushes so that at the very least, you can get a comprehensive enough job done on your eye makeup.
- The lack of brushes for your face is a bit problematic. It’s basically a contour brush and a few basic level brushes for powder and all; nothing too special or detailed. You’ll have to stick to a good eye makeup in order to slay.
I think that was a very big dose of Morphe products for you to digest, wasn’t it!? If you’re a fan, I am sure you won’t mind that though! So, onto bigger fish, how do you decide which one is the best brush set for you?
Now, before we get into the factors, it must be noted that because it is a premium brand, value for money will be a bit more subjective here. Therefore, in addition to the utility you might expect to get from the product, you’ll also need to factor in how much you will enjoy having a particular set, simply because it’s a great set or something about it feels good.
Budget:Needless to say, budget is going to be the first constraint in choosing what to buy. We’ve seen a good number of really premium brush sets but those product sets will be pipe dreams if you do not have the budget for it and you’ll have to settle for something at a better price, even if it means fewer or less premium brushes. If it isn’t though, just get the best one I say!
Brush composition: A lot of the sets tend to emphasize more on the eye makeup brushes over the others. However, if eye makeup isn’t your forte and you’d rather have more face brushes, you’ll have to look for a set that emphasizes more on your facial brushes. The options are there, you just have to look around a bit.
Bristles: This is another, in certain situations, very sensitive factor. Synthetic bristles are typically free of animal cruelty or animals in general but they’re not as good and may be harmful for your skin. Natural bristles are effective but are typically made using animal fur and yeah, it has its issues. Depending on which side of the fence you lie in, you’ll have to choose. A lot of the brush sets tend to have brushes with both types of bristles or even multiple types in the same brush.
Color theme: Since you are spending that extra cash on getting something premium, might as well get something that goes with your dressing table or attire! They have some really nice looking brush sets and case holders for those brushes so you can get a lot of fancy designs out of them. Some of them are aesthetically so pleasing that they are better fashion accessories than many conventional accessories too!
Degree of expertise: Even if you have a boatload of money to dish out on some makeup brushes, you’ll want to consider properly how much you will actually be able to do with a given set of brushes. If you get the expert use, high precision brushes, you better make sure you can use them. Otherwise, the really premium sets might not be the best bang for buck offering for you.
Guide to using them
Given that these brush sets all tend to vary in their composition but also, are pretty much going to be used like all other makeup brushes, there isn’t really anything specific you need to do in order to use these. Look up how individual brushes are used on YouTube or something because if I went over all the possible brushes, this guide would never end really! There are just so many options to choose from that if you have your sights set on one, you’ll want to get feedback from actual users regarding how to use them.
And hey, if you are looking specifically for Morphe brush sets, more likely than not, you do have some idea of how to use brushes in general. If you are in some confusion though, you can always refer to their website. They tend to have instructions regarding how to use certain products and with luck, you should be able to get your hands on some specifications about using the particular brush set.
Q.1: Does Morphe provide warranty on their brushes?
Answer: Yes, but the duration is going to vary depending on what you chose to get. In the cheaper side, you’re looking at months perhaps but the more premium products will give you warranty up to 2 years. Look into the specifics of each product set to find out the actual period offered.
Q.2: Can I get a different case holder for a set of brushes?
Answer: Sadly, no, Morphe does not sell case holders separately from their specific brush set. It would ruin the aesthetics otherwise and they are all attributed to a particular brush set depending on the price and quality.
So there you have it, a comprehensive run down of different brush sets that are provided for purchase by Morphe, a premium cosmetics manufacturer. Do note that there are other brush set manufacturers who might offer better value for your money and you can find them if you look around a bit. However, if you are bent on getting Morphe, do not hesitate to give this guide a go through and find out if there are any specific brush sets that tingle your fancies.
There are lots of great ones and at different price points and for different uses. They’re there on a lot of websites so you know what they are offering and you can even compare that particular brush set to other sets. Take some time to hone your skills in eye makeup application and other makeup application techniques if you are about to venture into a higher level makeup artistry with the next purchase of brush sets, that being from Morphe.
It’s not a really big issue when you are shopping at a more premium tier so I would recommend you to not overthink it too much! The internet is a bank of information and honestly, sometimes it’s just an overload of unnecessary information that makes decision making increasingly difficult! If you narrow your choice down to a couple of sets and you are struggling to choose one, just go with one! Clearly if you can’t decide on one, they’re quite similar and will do what you need to get done so just go with it! Good luck with your Morphe brush adventure and I hope you can find a set that satisfies your every need. With this guide, I think you’ll find just what you need!