As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Please note that you are never charged any extra for that.
Cream foundation is a great option for those looking for buildable coverage and a smooth, flawless finish. When applying cream foundation, it’s essential to choose the right brush and technique to ensure that you achieve the desired results. In this blog post, we’ll discuss how to apply cream foundation with a brush for a flawless finish.
Table of Contents
How do I apply cream foundation with a brush?
When it comes to applying foundation, there are many different methods to choose from. One popular technique is using a brush to apply a cream foundation. This method can help to create a flawless, airbrushed finish that lasts all day. In this blog post, we will discuss 6 steps to follow when applying cream foundation with a brush.
Step 1 – Choose the Right Brush
The first step to applying cream foundation with a brush is choosing the right brush. Look for a brush with densely packed, synthetic bristles that will help you achieve a smooth, even application. A flat-topped kabuki brush or a dense buffing brush is ideal for cream foundation application. Make sure to clean your brush before use to remove any residual makeup or dirt.
Step 2 – Prep Your Skin
Before applying foundation, it’s important to prepare your skin properly. Start by cleansing your face to remove any dirt, oil, or makeup that might be on your skin. Apply a moisturizer suitable for your skin type to ensure that your skin is hydrated and smooth.
Step 3 – Apply Primer
Once your skin is clean and moisturized, it’s time to apply primer. Primer helps to create a smooth base for your foundation and extends the wear time of your makeup. Choose a primer that is compatible with your skin type and apply a small amount all over your face.
Step 4 – Apply the Foundation
Now it’s time to apply your cream foundation with a brush. Follow these steps for a flawless finish:
- Squeeze a small amount of cream foundation onto the back of your hand. Using a brush, pick up a small amount of product and begin to apply it to your face.
- Start by applying foundation to the center of your face and blend outwards. Use gentle circular motions to buff the product into your skin, making sure to blend it well.
- Pay attention to areas that need extra coverage, such as under your eyes or around your nose. Apply additional product to these areas as needed and blend well.
- Use a stippling motion (a gentle tapping or dabbing motion) to blend the foundation seamlessly into your skin. This will help you achieve a natural, airbrushed look.
- Continue applying foundation until you achieve the desired coverage level.
- Use a small brush or sponge to apply foundation to smaller areas, such as around your eyes or nose, for more precise application.
Step 5 – Build Up Coverage]
If you need more coverage in certain areas, you can build up the product by applying an additional layer. Be sure to blend the foundation well, so that there are no visible lines or streaks. If you have any areas of discoloration or blemishes, use a concealer to cover them up before applying your foundation.
Step-6 Set Your Foundation
Once you have applied your cream foundation with a brush, it’s essential to set it in place. Use a loose or pressed powder to set your foundation and prevent it from creasing or shifting throughout the day. Using a powder brush, apply a small amount of setting powder to your face, focusing on areas that tend to get oily or shiny.
In conclusion, applying cream foundation with a brush is a great way to achieve a flawless, natural-looking finish. When choosing a brush, make sure to select one with densely packed, synthetic bristles. Be sure to prep your skin properly before application and use gentle, circular motions to buff the product into your skin. Don’t forget to set your foundation with a powder to ensure that it stays in place all day. With these tips and techniques, you’ll be able to apply cream foundation like a pro.