There are some spots on the body and even face you will define as beauty spots and take pride. However, dark spots under your eyes have always been a concern for people of all genders and ages. In this read, you will explore all the aspects of dark circles under eye-causes and cures to keep you aware of the reasons and remedies for them.
Dark circles causes
- Allergic contact dermatitis
- Rubbing eyes
- Pigmentation irregularities or hyperpigmentation
- Lack of sleep (Even too much sleep)
- Excessive screen time
- And the age that we forget to address
Are dark circles genetic
In some cases, dark circles under your eyes are hereditary. Like many other problematic issues, you may carry the dark circles from your ancestors. If this is your case, never be worried enough. Such spots may not go away completely, but with medication and controlled lifestyles, you may keep them minimum. There are lots of ways to look you natural with genetic dark spots.
Dark circles under eyes kids
Kids may experience some sorts of circles under or around the eyes due to genetic reasons. Such a problem has flowed to them from the parents. Some kids may not be free from spots. Take suggestions from the best possible child derms if such is the case. However, there might be lifelong suffering from this type.
- Allergies may be the culprit to cause the circles under the eyes of your loving kids. Sometimes, allergy may affect the blood flow and veins, and thus, under-eye areas darken.
- Food allergy
- detergent allergy
- Cosmetics allergy
- From dyes, wires, metals, rubber
If your baby sleeps less than the required time (less than at least 8 hours), blood veins may be restricted, and the bags and circles may be visible. Ensure the babies are sleeping adequately. Keep smartphones in a controlled way to allow the sleep time is in enough for their body and mind.
More salt intakes may cause the appearance of circles or bags
- Nasal congestion of your kids due to allergy, cough, etc. may cause the blood veins to expand the dark spots visible.
- Sun rays
Symptoms of Dark Circles in Children
- Itching eyes
- Difficulty in breathing
- A headache
- A runny nose
- A sore throat
- Nasal congestion
- Skin irritation
- Blurry eyes
Dark Circles in Kids – Diagnosis
Diagnosing of kids’ dark circles may include blood tests, sleep studies, and urine tests.
Questions Your Health Provider May Ask You
During the diagnosis process, the doctors may seek your help:
- Duration and frequency of cough.
- History of rashes
- History of allergy
- Sleeping pattern and adequacy
- Have you tracked your child’s body temperature? If so, has it been at a stable temperature, or is it fluctuating? Or, what is the highest temperature you’ve tracked so far?
Dark circles under eyes baby – Possible Medical Complexities
Dark circles if left undiagnosed and untreated, may call some medical conditions:
- Infection may spread.
- Loss of vision.
- Chances of Anaphylaxis.
- Loss of hearing
- Slow mental growth
Now, let’s take a look at the treatments available for dark circles in children.
Treatment for Dark Circles in Children
There are many treatment options for dark circles of your kids. For example:
- Antihistamines can cure most of the allergy-related spots.
- Rest might be a solution if fatigue caused the problem
- If sun rays created the issue, avoiding sun rays or using sunscreen with proper SPF.
- Follow the suggestions from experts with urgent communication in case of trauma.
- Immuno-therapy may be for severe allergic reactions advised by your physicians.
- Eczema creams and lotions may cure eczema related issues.
Home Remedies for Dark Circles in Kids
Here are some home remedies that have little or no side-effects and can help improve the appearance of dark circles:
- Cold tea bags on eyes
- Cucumber slices on the eyes
- Placing cold spoons on top of your child’s eyes
- Cotton balls soaked in cold water
- Massaging eyelids gently
- Iron-rich food
Tips to Avoid Dark Circles
There are numerous ways to avoid dark circles. Here are a few suggestions as to the preventive actions
- Balanced diet.
- Enough sleep for the age.
- Exercising with an active lifestyle.
- Iron supplements and vitamin supplements
- Control the screen time on mobile, TV, tablet, etc.
- Minimum exposure to sunlight and proper SPF sunscreen
Dark circles from allergies
Most of the factors that cause the dark circles are somehow rooted in allergy. Different types of allergy and their reactions give rise to such circles. Scratching or rubbing eyes, atopic dermatitis, allergic rhinitis, irregularities in pigmentation, contact dermatitis, etc. are directly or indirectly involves the presence of allergy.
Dark circles anemia-driven
Anemia may be a reason for causing darl circles under your eyes. Anemia is the result of a deficiency of red blood cells or hemoglobin. If you are anemic, dark circles may be one of the symptoms. To avoid the origin of anemia, try to ensure enough iron intake in your food. In the extreme case, you may resort to iron supplement intake for fast recovery.
Dark circles remedies
Dark circles under eyes DIY and home remedies
- Sufficient sleep
- Apply cold therapy with ice in a cloth
- Raise the level of your head during sleep. Use extra pillows and take a position that keeps face upward
- Apply black or green tea bags under the eyes. Soak the bags in hot water for a few minutes, then cool and freeze around 20 minutes and apply on the areas.
- Apply makeup to hide the dark circles
- Apply orange juice
- Use potato extract
- Use tomato extract
Dark circles potato recipe
Potatoes are one of the best healers of dark circles under your eyes. You may apply potato as juice or as slices or in combination with many other items to cater to your purpose.
Why potatoes on dark circles?
- They possess vitamins(A, C).
- Anti-inflammatory substances are there.
- They moisturize your skin
- Skin revives with them
- They are with bleaching power to lighten darks
- You will find potatoes in plenty anywhere, anytime, cheap
- Potatoes can be applied in lots of ways to drive dark spots
Potato Juice therapy for dark circles
Try the following steps to apply potato juice:
- Peel and grate raw potatoes
- Take out the juice
- Refrigerate around an hour
- Soak cotton ball and place under eyes
- Keep there around 20 minutes
- Take out and wash with water
- Clean the area with towel or tissue
Potato Slice therapy for dark circles
- Keep a potato in a freeze for an hour to cool
- Take two slices for two eyes
- Place under eyes
- Keep around 20 minutes.
- Take out and wash with normal water.
- Clean your face with a towel or tissue
Dark circles surgery
In some cases, surgery may be the best alternative to remove dark circles under your eyes.
Dark Circles movie
Let’s be a little bit fun-friendly. We have talked about different aspects of dark circles and even we initiated tomato as a reliever. If you find some extra time, watch the movie named Dark Circles. It is a psychological and horror type movie released in 2013. You may like to get some reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. Just kidding!
Will Iron Supplements Help dark circles?
Kidney health has some connections to your under-eye areas. So, spots there might signal the iron deficiency. In this case, the iron supplement may work on removing darl circles under the eyes. Find 15 bad fashion trends.