As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Please note that you are never charged any extra for that.
How to dry makeup brushes fast is a significant concern for beauty addicts. You should air dry your makeup brushes by hanging them upside down. Avoid blow-drying.
Makeup brushes are essential to give you a perfect makeup look. You need to clean your makeup brushes regularly to prevent infections. You can keep your brushes clean by washing them with shampoo or face wash.
But, can you use wet makeup brushes? No never use a wet makeup brush. A wet brush can be the hub of different infectious bacteria. Moreover, the shape of makeup brushes gets changed when they’re wet. So, it would not apply makeup properly to your face. As a result, you will not get a perfect makeup look.
If you’re in a hurry for a party and your brushes are not dry, you might have to face embarrassment. With these risk factors, it’s become crucial to dry your makeup brushes.
Some people blow dry their makeup brushes. But it’s not the right way. Now the question is what the right way is. How should you dry your make makeup brushes?
This article will help you learn how to dry makeup brushes fast? Further, you would also understand why you should not blow dry makeup brushes? Let’s start.
Why you should not blow dry makeup brushes
I know it’s very frustrating to wait for your makeup brushes to air dry. But, blow-drying makeup brushes can never be the right decision due to multiple reasons. Let’s discuss some of these.
● The bristles of your makeup brush are very delicate. They can damage due to over-drying. Further, over-drying can even result in split ends.
● Blow drying the makeup brush can also change the brush shape. If the shape of the brush gets changed, it will not perform the desired function.
● The glue holding the brush will also get apart due to excessive heat.
So, try not to dry your makeup brushes in heat, even in sunlight.
How to dry makeup brushes
If you cannot blow-dry your makeup brushes, what should be the right way to dry your makeup brushes? Let’s learn how to dry makeup brushes quickly. While drying your brushes, proper care can extend the shelf life of your makeup brushes.
Use a towel
You can use a bath towel to dry your makeup brushes. But, before drying the brushes with a towel, squeeze all the water from your brushes with your hands. Follow the following steps to dry your makeup brushes with a towel.
Choose a clean, dry bath towel or paper towel. You should use a large bath towel as it can soak a lot of water. Further, you can dry all your makeup brushes on it.
● Place the towel on a flat surface and put all your brushes at some distance. Place the brushes in a flat position rather than an upright position. Make sure there should be some empty towel.
● Fold the empty towel on the brush. It will soak some of its water.
● Now, press the brushes with a towel gently to soak some water from the bristles. Repeat this process for each brush five to six- times.
● Ensure the brushes are present on the edge of the counter. It will allow the bristles to dry faster as the air circulates through them.
● You can also turn on the fan for quick dry. It will take around three to four hours to dry your brushes with this method.
Hanging brushes to air dry
You can air-dry the makeup brushes after soaking some water with a towel. To air-dry the makeup brushes, hang them upside down. So, for air drying, you must know how to hang makeup brushes upside down. Here are some hacks to hang the makeup brushes upside down.
Use a rod and hair ties.
One way to air dry your brushes is to have a rod and a lot of hair ties. You can use the hair ties to hang all your makeup brushes on the rod. Make sure you have hanged the brushes upside down. It will help to remove all the water from the tips of the bristles.
You can dry your makeup brushes with intact glue and germ-free bristles roots.
Use a cloth hanger
What if you don’t have a rod in your home? How can you dry your make up brushes then? You can use a cloth hanger to hang the brushes upside down with hair ties. Cloth hangers are available in every house and can be the most accessible option. The upside-down position will allow the air to circulate through the bristles and hence fast drying.
Tip: While hanging the hanger, make sure your brushes are not touching anything.
Use a brush holder
Different type of brushes is available in the market to hang your brushes. These holders are designed specially to hang makeup brushes. These holders are available in various sizes and shapes. You just have to hang the brushes upside down in the available holes. As the brushes’ position is upside down, it will allow the brushes to air dry effectively.
● Place a towel under the brushes while they’re hanging. It will help to soak water dripped from the brushes.
● Try to clean brushes before going to bed and let them dry overnight.
Use a magnet
Using a magnet is the most creative trick to hang your makeup brushes. Just attach a magnet with your brush handles with the help of a glue gun. Now, you can hang your magnetized makeup brush with any metal thing. With this technique, you would not have to tie and untie hair ties.
Buy a style pro
A style pro is the best option for those who have no issue spending some dollars on their comfort. The style carries dry-time strips with a fast spinning speed. The style pro allows you to use your makeup brushes on the same day. If you’re a makeup addict or a makeup artist, this could be the best makeup accessory for you.
How to dry makeup brushes fast?
With the methods discussed above, it takes time for your makeup brushes to get dry. You can also dry your makeup brushes quickly by using the right technique. The proper approach is to use the blow dry your makeup brushes. You might be wondering, I have told you not to blow dry your brushes. Occasional blow-drying with some precautions is the only option to quickly dry your makeup brushes. Here’s how you can blow dry your makeup brushes.
- ● Set the lowest temperature on your blow drier
- ● Set the lowest fan speed on your blow drier
- ● Blow the air gently from handle to bristles while holding the brushes upside down
- ● Pause this process to reshape the brush and let it cool down
- ● Continue until your makeup brush is completely dry.
The best way to dry makeup brushes
After discussing all possible methods to dry makeup brushes, it’s time to know the best way to dry the makeup brushes.
- First of all, squeeze down the excess water from the makeup brushes gently with your hands.
- Now remove more water by gently pressing the brushes on a towel.
- Hang the brushes upside down by using any technique of your choice.
- Allow them to dry completely before use.
Tip: Place hanging rack in a ventilated and shady area rather than in direct sunlight.
How long do makeup brushes take to dry?
The time taken by the makeup brushes depends on the weather and the method you’re using. It may take a whole night to air dry the makeup brushes in humid weather. However, it usually takes 3-4 hours for a makeup brush to dry in summer.
Can you use wet makeup brushes?
You should not use wet makeup brushes due to the following reasons:
- ● A lot of germs or bacteria can reside in a wet makeup brush.
- ● The shape of the wet makeup brush gets changed. And a deformed brush cannot apply makeup properly to your face.
How to hang makeup brushes upside down?
You can use different hacks to hang your makeup brushes upside down. Some of these are:
- Use a cloth hanger and hair ties.
- Apply a rod and hair ties.
- Use a makeup brush hanger.
- Make your makeup brushes magnetized and hang them with any metal thing.
I hope this article has helped you to know how to dry makeup brushes fast. You can use any technique you want to dry your makeup brushes. However, I would suggest you to air dry your makeup brushes after each wash. It will help to maintain the shape of the makeup brushes for a long time. In turn, it extends the shelf life of your makeup brushes.