As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Please note that you are never charged any extra for that.
You’re on a day out and you have your outfit ready and all your makeup and accessories are on your desk, just waiting to be used. Only one thing is missing; something for your hair, of course! You have great, straight hair and normally, you wouldn’t tinker with them all that much. But today, for this occasion, you want to do something different, something that is more full and out of character for you. If this is you, you my friend are in the right place because I will be uncovering all the secrets to getting creative with your hair using the Conair spin brush.
As the name suggests, it is a spinning hair brush and if you are any familiar with these types of brushes, you will know that they typically use hot air to help you curl and swirl your hair to give it shape. But what is it about the Conair Spin brush that distinguishes it from other hot air brushes?
you are suggested to read all the reviews. However, You may visit product page and make quick but perfect decision.
Our Top Pick.
1. INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Spin Air Rotating Styler/Hot Air Brush
2. Conair Instant Heat Styling Brush
3. Conair Professional Hot Curling Brush
Let’s Explore the Features
· First of all, the brush above the handle has a radius of 2 inches, with many long and straight bristles extending out from the body. You however, do get an attachment to replace the 2 inch brush with a one and a half inch one that serves a slightly different purpose. Basically, you can go for both volume and curls with the two different brush sizes.
· The brush comes along with ceramic technology that is said to be very good to help dry your hair and to give it a shine after the brushing, something you’ll most definitely enjoy if you want something extra after you are done doing whatever you are trying to do with your hair.
· The spin brush has a true ion generator built into the body which lets it release a lot of concentrated ions that go onto your hair. These ions are very good for your hair and helps protect it while letting it achieve those shiny and silky smooth aesthetics. This way, you get the best of both worlds! Never have to compromise on either with this piece of engineering masterpiece.
· The bristles are slightly stiff but nothing that will be particularly harmful for your hair. They are anti-static bristles made of nylon and boar and they work in conjunction with two different types of settings in order to do its magic on your hair and leave everyone in the room mesmerized with your hair!
· Two different settings while you are brushing; a hot mode that makes the brush emit hot air and spin at the same time in order to get a proper curl or fullness to the shape of your hair that is not possible with simple brushing.Simply put, most shaping jobs will need you to use this mode. However, there is a cool mode where no air is emitted and neither does the brush spin if you need to do anything without actually wanting the heat and spin on your hair.
· Best of all, the brush has filters underneath in order to make it easy to clean up. You won’t be getting any dirt or debris in the internals of the machine this way and taking the filter out is quite easy. All you have to do is remove the brush you are using from the handle and take it out. Pretty simple, huh?!
Now, there were a lot of things to like about this spin brush and it has a lot of features that I have mentioned above that I am quite sure a lot of you reading this will enjoy having at your disposal. What are the things that I think are a plus? Here you go!
- The hot and cool features mean that you can pretty much use it both as a hot air brush and a regular brush of similar shape. The quality of the brush including bristles is very good so you definitely don’t need a backup, although you are more than welcome to keep one!
- The two functions also work really well. The hot and spin function puts out a decent amount of heat and rotation to help you curl or add perceived volume to your hair without starting a fire on it! The spin is also a decent speed but not so fast where you have to rush your brushing.
- The body itself, due to having two buttons, makes it easy to make sure that the device is not operating any time you do not want it to. There is a main switch that controls the power of the device and then another that you need to press in order to get the action started. After you are done with a sequence, you can just press that button again to turn it off for the moment. After completing usage, you just push the other switch down. Won’t complain about that ease of usability ever I hope!
- There is a protective cover on the brush so that you can keep it safe and clean during periods of non-use. It’s a small addition but it is most certainly welcome. The cleaning is very easy and convenient due to the existence of the filter inside the brush but the added cover means that you hardly have to even clean it! The only thing better than that I imagine is going to be a self-cleaning brush!
- The quality of the bristles are also top notch. Users rarely had the bristles getting worn down or unravelling and they do a very good job of exuding hot air in order to help you get a good curl and shine.
Everything are nor fit for all. Let’s find some drawbacks as well
- A lot of users who prefer a hotter air treatment for their hair or need more heat to get a proper curl or wave on their head might find this product found wanting. It controls the heat to prevent people from getting hurt but some people need more heat, even if it hurts them a bit!
- The switches are not positioned well. Given how you would expect a person to grip the handle, the button to activate the action should be on the side instead of the toggle switch and the switch and buttons are relatively high up on the body which isn’t an issue for people with big hands but you folks with tiny hands might struggle a bit with that
- Something often overlooked, the chord that extends to the product from the power brick is surprisingly short. You need a power outlet very close to wherever it is you are dressing up or you’ll need something to attach the power adapter closer to the dressing table.
- The smaller brush size is still a pretty hefty one and a half inch so you’ll struggle to curl your hair if it isn’t the longest. I reckon at that size, anything more than a chin’s length of hair should make it reasonably difficult to curl your hair properly. I imagine the number of people in this category will be few and far between but it’s still an issue worth pondering!
Using the Spin Brush
Before you get to curling, especially on heat mode, you’ll need to first make your hair wet. It’s a bit like how pressing irons used to work in that regard! Damp your hair and then let it dry to keep it slightly wet but almost dried. You might want to give it a combing or a brushing while it is wet to bring your hair out.
Pull your hair out into different parts and sections which you can brush separately. You can’t curl all of it in one go after all! And if you are trying to create layers of different curls on your hair, then you most certainly need to do this. You know what look I am talking about, don’t you?
Set in the right settings and then start running the brush through your hair and watch the brush exude head and spin around to entangle your hair into its clasps, giving it shape and volume through the mechanism designed in it. A good tip here is to start close to the insides, up to the roots sand then creeping towards the end of your hair and just before the end, rotate the brush again away from the hair to create that voluminous effect. After you nail the technique for one layer, just replicate the same process for different layers and you should be having a full, curly look in no time!
So there you have it, a rundown of the Conair spin brush. It has its downsides and upsides and you’ll want to consider certain things like how easily your hair curls to determine whether the product is right for you. It is useful and convenient in its own ways so if it fits your purpose, than don’t hesitate to get this. It’s quite a useful product and I am confident that its performance will be satisfactory for your needs. Shine and protection with a little curl goes a long way!